Internet Disconnects When I Close Laptop Lid

dazzawm 11:14 16 Oct 14

When I am wirelessly connected to the internet and I close the lid on my laptop my internet loses connection. I have the settings on 'choose what to do when you close lid' set to 'do nothing'. What else do I need to do? Thanks

BillSers 12:24 16 Oct 14

I had this on Vista and cured it by fiddling around in the Networking and Sharing section in control panel/Internet options/Connections/Lan settings. It could have been ticking 'Automatically detect settings' that fixed it but it was a long time ago.

alanrwood 13:03 16 Oct 14

Don't set it to "No action" the heat from a screen when the lid is closed could cause overheating and future damage. Set it to hibernate instead.

dazzawm 14:18 16 Oct 14

alanrwood

Don't set it to "No action" the heat from a screen when the lid is closed could cause overheating and future damage. Set it to hibernate instead.

The screen goes off when the lid is closed, and that does not answer my original question!

rdave13 15:12 16 Oct 14

If it's a Toshiba have a look at this click here.

dazzawm 07:14 17 Oct 14

Its an Acer, anymore ideas anyone?

Woolwell 09:31 17 Oct 14

Which model of Acer?

Why do you want the internet with the lid closed?

Woolwell 09:34 17 Oct 14

The wifi aerial is probably in the lid.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…