Internet dial up on starting computer

abbalf 11:48 26 Jul 04

My computer has just started to dial up my internet connection about 4-5 minutes after starting my computer. It used to dial up when I opened Internet Explorer or Outlook express but I can`t remember how I set that up. I`ve run AdAware but that hasn`t found anything. How can I stop this happening

sil_ver 11:53 26 Jul 04

In IE tools /internet options click on connections and check there is a dot in 'always dial default conn:'

abbalf 12:06 26 Jul 04

Yes there is a dot in always dial default connection

mammak 12:07 26 Jul 04

abbalf adding to what sil_ver has already said check there is not a dot in "dial whenever a connection is not present"

abbalf 12:12 26 Jul 04

And there isn`t a dot in "dial whenever a connection is not present"

techpro 12:21 26 Jul 04

Bit of a techie tool, but you can download TCPView from click here . That will show you what program is trying to connect to what.

Magik ®© 12:27 26 Jul 04

to add my bit, you need to tick the "never dial a connection" that way it will leaave it for you to do..

Stuartli 13:53 26 Jul 04

Have you configured IE to "Dial Whenever a Network Connection is not present" from the Connections tab?

Normal (basic) configuration is "Always Dial my Default Connection".

There just might also be a link with OE's facility to check for new messages every five, 10 or whatever minutes of your choosing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…