internet dial-up connection box opens on boot-up.

mac75 19:45 08 Jan 04

i'm having problems with my dial-up connection box opening automatically whenever the desktop appears,i have to cancel umpteen times before it disappears.this only started when i downloaded windows updates. i'm using win98 & i.explorer on freeserve.can anyone tell me how to stop this happening.
thanks in anticipation,
jim.

OneSirKnight 20:12 08 Jan 04

go into INTERNET options in your control panel and select connections then put a dot/tick in "Never Dial a Connection"

Gongoozler 20:13 08 Jan 04

Hi mac1. I just had this problem and found it was Norton AV that was doing it (at start up and at shutdown). I cured it by going to Internet Explorer - Tools - Internet Options - Advanced. Then removing any ticks from either "Check for publisher's certificate revocation" or "Check for server certificate revocation" (under the security heading)

mac75 20:21 08 Jan 04

thanks for the info OneSirKnight and Gongoozler, i'll give that a try. thanks again and a good new year to you both. jim.

TonyV 20:29 08 Jan 04

Mac1, Do as gongoozler says. I had the same problem after updating Windows 98SE last week. It now works fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…