Internet Data Usage Counter

allan01 19:42 25 May 04

Since Wanadoo, my current ISP, took over Freeserve I see they offer a monthly broadband package at £17.99, albeit with a 2GB cap on it. Does anybody know of a programme that would monitor the amount of data I use over a month or so to enable me to see if this 2GB cap would be suitable for me? It would be a potential saving of £10 per month compared to my existing deal if it would suffice!

Gaz 25 19:54 25 May 04

Ummm, Im not sure I know of any. But do know that it can be quickly reached if you do a bit of downloading and visit a lot of webpages.

Dipso 23:14 25 May 04

I am on a PayAsYouGo package with Metronet and have come across these click here Freeware
click here Freeware
click here Popular but not free

The first 2 should be adequate for what you want. I have used Down2Home and found it OK.

allan01 06:58 26 May 04

Down2Home looks like exactly what I need Dipso. Will download and try later. Thanks for the help, much appreciated!

ste_bla 07:33 26 May 04

Down2Home - I tried downloading the Lite version then i click on the mirror links/file name it just opens a blank .php thing in IE... do you know how i get around this?

Dipso 15:17 26 May 04

Mmmm...same happens for me. I didn't have a problem when I downloaded it but it was a few months ago.

The only thing I notice is that it's showing as a Restricted Site (no-entry sign in bottom RHS of screen) and a warning about my security settings prohibiting running ActiveX controls?

ste_bla 15:32 26 May 04

That warning came up with me to damn it!

ste_bla 15:38 26 May 04 is in the restricted websites for some reason hmm..

ste_bla 15:48 26 May 04

I downloaded it somehow if you are anyone wants it im online at random times and i could send it to you via email or a IM if you have one...

Stuartli 16:10 26 May 04

This forum always comes up with the Restricted Site logo....:-)

However, I've every protection going and have never experienced any problems.

That includes, amongst many others, First Party Cookies enabled as Prompt and Blocking Third Party Cookies. I can still access websites despite the latter setting by clocking on Don't Allow when the warning panel comes up.

allan01 19:35 26 May 04

Have managed to download Down2Home succesfully from here click here but when I try to install it gives the error "Cannot Register C:\Windows\System32\ASYCFilt.dll"
Anybody help?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…