internet cuts off with default gateway not available error

patso 00:53 AM 06 Nov 12

Hi ,can anyone help me here.just recently my wireless connection keeps dropping when i am in the middle of browsing and a yellow icon appears in the connection bar.i keep having to right click on the network trouble shooter,then i get a pop up box saying is not available,resetting network adaptor settings,this is happening several times a day now and is very frustrating,i am using windows 7 home premium,toshiba satellite c660 4gig ram,any ideas please,

patso 00:55 AM 06 Nov 12

Hi that message is the default gateway is not available,resetting network adaptor,sorry

rdave13 02:25 AM 06 Nov 12

Sounds like your security software has had an update that is not to your set-up's liking. Check firewall, AV settings in your security program. If you have Norton check their site for similar problems.

onthelimit1 08:57 AM 06 Nov 12

Interesting as I'm having a similar problem with a hard wired HP PC.

Forum Editor 12:07 PM 06 Nov 12

You posted the same question three times in separate threads. I have deleted the other two now, so all further responses will appear here.

patso 15:28 PM 06 Nov 12

Sorry about that I was posting on my phone I must have made a mistake

patso 17:09 PM 06 Nov 12

Hi I contacted my broadband supplier and they suggested i unplug my modem at least once a week for the settings to reboot and pick the best wi fi reception.They checked all the settings and everything seems fine on their end,i will do this and hopefully this resolves the matter,so far so good no cut off.i will update the post and post back in a day or two,thanks again for the replies, patso

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…