Internet cut off after 2 hours.

Kendel 16:38 24 Feb 05

Hello there.
Can anyone help please? I am trying to download a pc-cillin trend micro upgrade which is currently taking longer than 2 hours, unfortunately Tiscali disconnects me from the internet after 2 hours as a security measure. I have been in contact with them and got the following response. "Please use the Download Manager Software, this allows you to continue where you left off." I am not sure what this means,does anyone else? I have e-mailed them and so far had no response. Would it help if I tried to download
really early in the morning when the net isn't as busy? The furthest I have got is 90% download.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:44 24 Feb 05

Download managers:-
Download Express click here
Leechget click here ,

A download manager will split up the file to be downloaded and download from several sights simultaneously thus speeding up the download. It will also carry on from where it left off if the download is interrupted for whatever reason (HR capping) so you can download large files which would normally take two / three attempts

FelixTCat 16:46 24 Feb 05

A download manager is a program that manages the downloads by noting how far you get in any session and then carrying on from there next time you try the download. Very useful for big downloads or if your download is interrupted for any reason.

Try this site: click here There is a range of useful utilities, all free. You have to register, but then they will notify you of upgrades.

Kendel 16:53 24 Feb 05

Thanks for that, I will one of them a go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…