internet coonection (laptop, mobile)

stephjack 11:21 22 Feb 05

How can I connect to Internet (my ISP is AOL) from my laptop by mobile phone via Bluetooth.
My mobile is Bluetooth, I have a Bluetooth headset, a Bluetooth USB dongle and software but I don't know how to make the settings

mgmcc 12:45 22 Feb 05

Did your phone come with software to install it as a "modem" in a PC? If not, you may be able to download the necessary software from the manufacturer's website. Then install the phone as a "Bluetooth Modem" and use that in your ISP settings to connect.

You will not be able to use a phone number that relates to an inclusive monthy package with your mobile phone, you will have to use a p-a-y-g access number and the speed of a normal GSM connection is only 9600bps. Orange (and only Orange in the UK) supports HSCSD (High Speed Circuit Switched Data)) which will give an increased speed of up to 28.8kbps. GPRS should be faster.

Completealias 16:34 23 Feb 05

Firstly you need to install the bluetooth dongle on your operating system. Take it you r on xp

Once this is done make sure that bluetooth is switched on on the mobile.

Open the control panel and find the bluetooth devices icon (in network + internet connections). Double click this then click add in the devices tab. The add blue tooth device wizard will now start let this run through it should find your device. I can't remember if it asked you which services you want your device to provide during the wizard I think it does but if not post back and will try and help you out.

As mgmcc this could b an expensive way of connecting to the net so you may not wish to use it as your only means

stephjack 23:34 23 Feb 05

I did what you instructed me.
Everything it's going well just I did not manage to connect.
Do I need a kepass from my GPRS.
Because when I paired my mobile with my Bluetooth headset I set code 0000.
Now I've been asked keypass ???
I'm sorry to bother u, better to go to pcworld

Completealias 14:52 24 Feb 05

Try entering that code or if you entered a passkey code in the add wizard, if you didn't set one then just try the 0000

No probs don't mind helpin u out if I can

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…