internet Connnection Demanded on Startup

gplatt2000 16:26 11 Mar 03

When windows starts up the internet connections box always comes up, even though I haven't tried going on the internet> Does anybody know how to find out what program is causing this, or any other possible causes?? Thanks a lot in advannce, Gavin

AOL mad ™ 16:30 11 Mar 03

Have u gone into ie options and checked evrthin is ok there?

gplatt2000 16:38 11 Mar 03

NO, is it the thing caleed Internet Options under Tools in IE? What should I look for? Thanks a lot, Gavin

AOL mad ™ 16:49 11 Mar 03

yep

AOL mad ™ 16:51 11 Mar 03

is it in startup?

AOL mad ™ 16:52 11 Mar 03

what os u have? (please include this in ur opening thread next time.)

gplatt2000 16:55 11 Mar 03

XP

AOL mad ™ 17:04 11 Mar 03

oh

cream. 17:07 11 Mar 03

Go to start -run and type msconfig.

This will open the file, on the right hand side you will find the start up tab, open this.

Now because you have x\p you can untick every item. Apply this and you will be asked to reboot.

When it reboots you will have a prompt saying you are running system configuration. This is normal. Let it load to desk top, is the internet connection box coming up now?

If it is not then one of the programs you have unticked is causing this. The only way to find out which one is to tick one at a time and reboot. When you find the offending program you can either disable it through msconfig \ tick box or take more drastic action, uninstall it.

gplatt2000 17:14 11 Mar 03

Thanks a lot, will try that. Last night I did it for another reason (after reading help on this forum - PC was running v. slow and is now fine) but there asre still a few going. Thanks again

MartinT-B 17:16 11 Mar 03

Do you have Zone Alarm.

That used to want to connect to the I at boot-up too. The latest version (released last week) has resolved that issue.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…