internet connexions

bobbyalec 23:08 20 Jul 10

Hi, and thanks for any help received - I tried to send this a few minutes ago but I think I ran out of "time" and it didn't go.

I have a laptop I take to my sister, who doesn't have a PC, to show her things like Powerpoint, etc. I would love to be able to show her internet stuff too - is this possible and what would I need to do so?

Thanks again

Bobbyalec

BurrWalnut 08:26 21 Jul 10

I assume that broadband is an unnecessary expense for her, but there are other possibilities. You could show her off-line content that you have saved, but a better solution is for her to create a pay as you go dial-up connection. I’m a bit out of date with dial-up costs but it shouldn’t cost more than a few pence per minute.

Dipso 19:02 21 Jul 10

Providing she has a home telephone line you could do as BurrWalnut suggests which usually costs no more than the price of a local call. You can set the connection up on the laptop beforehand and just dial-in to the connection form your sisters house. I used to use click here, who charge 4p a minute from a BT line.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…