Internet Connectivity In Remote Location

billyliv 10:47 19 Oct 04

Hi, Being blissfully ignorant of Wireless matters, ( I am an Ethernet fan ), I have been asked to put this question to the 'Forum'. A friend who is temporarily living in a remote location (Work related) asks how he can connect to the internet with his laptop. For personal contact reasons his boss has given him a mobile phone that can connect to the internet. There is virtually a Phone mast on his doorstep. Is this an option? Cheers, Bill

JonnyTub 10:54 19 Oct 04
  Daveson 10:57 19 Oct 04

HI there. I ue my phone to connect to the internet and use it as a modem for my laptop. If the phone is set up for WAP usage (phone internet) then all he has to do is install the software that came with his phone onto his laptop and either use a data link cable or use infared if the phone and laptop both have it.

I dont know what type of phone he is using but mose come with a CD and a DATA Cable.

Post back for any other questions or more detail.

billyliv 10:35 23 Oct 04

Thanks JonnyTub and Daveson, Info has been forwarded. Thanks Bill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…