Internet Connection Taskbar Indicator

acfc 22:22 19 Jun 03

I have received a new PC running Win XP and the only problem I can find is there is no indication in the taskbar that I am connected to the internet (ie small flashing TVs)

I have ticked and unticked the show when connected box in the Internet Settings repeatedly but to no avail. Any ideas?

VoG® 22:31 19 Jun 03

Start, Control Panel, Network connections and set it from there. Sorry if you've already done this.

acfc 22:41 19 Jun 03

Thanks VoG but no luck.

Any more ideas anyone?

Jester2K II 23:08 19 Jun 03

Start, Control Panel, Network connections, Right Click your adapter and check the Show IconIn Notification Area When Connected box. Click OK

Jester2K II 23:09 19 Jun 03

What sort of connection do you have??

acfc 23:13 19 Jun 03

Jester2K

It's connected via a standard 56k modem as I've not set it up with my broadband yet.

Djohn 23:19 19 Jun 03

Which ISP?

Jester2K II 23:21 19 Jun 03

As far as i'm aware my method should still work...

Djohn 23:27 19 Jun 03

your way is of course correct, I was not questioning this, just that the ISP maybe, AOL! This does not show in the taskbar. Regards. j.

acfc 23:27 19 Jun 03

djohn ~ BT Openworld

Jester2K 11 ~ I thought it would work as well but so far no joy.

I've spent too long on this thing tonight so i'm off to catch some zzzs.

I'll try any suggestions in the morning.

Jester2K II 23:31 19 Jun 03

Sorry i was referring to the fact it should still work with a DUN connection and not that it might be ISP specific. Although after you mentioned ISP i did think "maybe his ISP somehow disables this??" Which as you say AOL doesn't (or do i mean does??).... ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…