Internet Connection Sharing and Windows XP - query

Happy37 08:52 09 Apr 08

Hello everyone

I have been "talking" about my current problem in the Helproom forum, and someone has suggested that I try asking on here as well for some answers:-

Here is the link to my other post:-

click here

Can someone please have a read of this and suggest any answers?

Thanks in advance.

Happy37

Gordon999 13:59 09 Apr 08

Happy,

I've not used ICS since I moved last year. But before I moved I never had a problem with it.

Not sure how you have your 2nd PC set up ie the one attched to the main PC but I had the IP address configured permanantly on the second PC for example if my mac address on the host PC was 168.0.0.2 I would configure the other as 168.0.0.3 that worked fine for me.

Happy37 14:42 09 Apr 08

Gordon999

Thanks for your reply.

In response to that, please read the following:-

1. I have asked my IT colleagues at work to test the 2 network patch cables that I use for me earlier today.

1 was good and the other 1 was not...hence I think that was what is or was causing this problem...I will check out another cable and will let you know.

As I have already said in the Helproom forum, and as others have also suggested:-

click here

I am waiting for my router to arrive, and once I have linked that up with my one good network cable as well as a replacement one, I think that things will be good as new to go from there!!!

So, no more ICS as I hope not to need it anymore!!!

I will post back again on the Helproom forum as well as this one to let you know.

Thanks once again for your suggestion, it's much appreciated.

Regards

Happy37

Happy37 07:53 15 Apr 08

Gordon999 and others

Thanks to all those that replied and tried to help me with this.

This problem is now resolved - the new Netgear router has turned up, I have installed it and configured it to my needs and all is working well on both PCs.

I will mark this post as "Resolved" - thanks to everyone once again...it's much appreciated.

Keep up the good work.

Regards

Happy37

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…