Internet connection sharing through ZoneAlarm

Leigh-187128 20:51 09 Nov 04

Is it possible to have two networked PCs to share the same internet connection whilst running internet connection sharing and ZoneAlarm (free edition. Both pc's are running Windows XP Pro.

LastChip 21:05 09 Nov 04

As far as I am aware, Zone Alarm's free edition does not support ICS, however, the "Pro" version does.

howard60 08:31 10 Nov 04

oh yes it does - the simplest method is to enable ics on the pc with the internet connection and then go to the second pc and in the network properties click on manually set the ip address. Once set go to the main pc and add the ip address to the trusted list. If you need further help come back.

LastChip 11:45 10 Nov 04

My own experience was that ZA did not support ICS in the free edition and I have to admit, it's some time ago since I used that version. Indeed, at one point ZA stated ICS was not supported. Personally, I never achieved setting it up in the free edition, but had no bother in the Pro version.

click here for some screen shots on how to do it. The only caveat, is whether you have the "Advanced" settings button in the free edition.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…