Internet Connection Sharing STILL disabled.

binkitone 18:35 07 Mar 03

I have two PC networked using Windows 98SE, the host connected to ‘blueyonder’ cable broadband internet. This was working well using ‘MS Internet Explorer’ (IE) until suddenly, the ‘Internet Connection Sharing’ for the second PC became disabled have not got a firewall.
Comparing this PC with the host PC, I checked the following;
1. IE in Tools/Internet Options/Connections - the ‘Local Area Network (LAN) settings - Sharing…’ button was not shown.
2. Control Panel/Add-Remove Programs/Windows Setup/Internet Tools/the Components: Internet Connection Sharing check box was not selected. Selecting produced message; “Internet configuration is not complete. Please install your network hardware before Internet Connection Sharing”.
3. Control Panel/Systems/Device Manager/Network adapters – “This Device is working properly” except the host shows ‘Internet Connection Sharing’?
The LAN cards must be installed, as I do have ‘Network Neighborhood’ functioning? I next tried the ‘Browser Connection Setup Wizard’ file; icsclset.exe’ to reconfigure ‘Internet Connection Sharing’, no joy?
Except for removing the card physically from the second PC, I don’t know what to do next, help please.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…