Internet Connection Sharing Problem

Jackoas,jdhzkfj 18:52 06 Mar 04

I have set up a wireless network between 2 PC's on which I can share files and printers. The problem I have is that I cannot share Internet Access between the two. PC 1 is running HP Home and is connected directly to to inernet via DSL Modem and is working great. PC 2 is running ME I have used the Network Wizard but am unable to access the internet on this machine. I am being asked for a VPN server address but I don't know what this is or where to get the information from.

LastChip 19:15 06 Mar 04

Virtual Private Network.

Is it a laptop that is used on a company network away from home?

Jackoas,jdhzkfj 19:22 06 Mar 04

No it is a desktop used in the home

LastChip 19:50 06 Mar 04

Have you enabled or installed Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) on the HP? machine?

SEASHANTY 20:00 06 Mar 04

See if this New Zealand internet provider can be of
help click here

T0SH 20:03 06 Mar 04

First off you need to have ICS setup and working on the connected machine (Only) here is a link to how it is done

click here;en-us;Q306126&sd=tech

On the sharing machine right click on the IE icon on your desktop goto properties then the conections tab select "Never dial a connection" next goto "Lan Settings" be sure nothing is selected in this section

Here is a page with pics on the settings
click here

once this is all set up you should have ICS working

quick check is to type Winipcfg in the Run box`s

the connected machine should show 192.168.0.1

the sharing machine should show 192.168.0.2
if not then recheck all settings

Cheers HC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…