Internet Connection Sharing LOST.

binkitone 19:05 09 Mar 03

I have two PC networked using Windows 98SE, the ‘Internet Connection Sharing’ was working well, then suddenly the second (client) PC became disabled (I do not have a firewall).
The client PC displays via the Control Panel/Add-Remove Programs/Windows Setup/Internet Tools/ where the ‘Components’ show the Internet Connection Sharing check box is now not selected. Selecting this just produces a message; “Internet configuration is not complete. Please install your network hardware before Internet Connection Sharing”.
The mystery is that the LAN cards are obviously installed as I still have ‘Network Neighborhood’ functioning correctly between host and client.

I have reinstalled the LAN card driver on both PC’s several times and physically reinstalled the card on the client PC, I just can’t get pass the ‘Sharing check box’ stage I don’t know what to do next, help please.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…