Internet Connection Sharing does not work?

Gaz 25 22:59 02 Mar 03

What ever I do, I have tried everything re-running Network set-up wizard.

None of all 16 PC's will connect to the Internet through the two servers with a router, the Servers work fine and so does the network how come it will not share the Internet connection in XP pro?

Any ideas why I am having this trouble, as I say there is a router but only the servers are on this and they work fine, but the network PC's will not when the Internet from server 1 is shrared nor server 2?

I have assigned the servers: and and all other PC's from there., etc....

Just will not work????

faintly curious 23:17 02 Mar 03

Gaz, in order for internet connection sharing to work, the computers on your network need to have their IP addresses dynamically assigned from the computer which hosts the shared modem rather than issuing statically assigned addresses which is what you appear to have done.

Gaz 25 23:20 02 Mar 03

AndySD 23:21 02 Mar 03

Just to clear things in my head

Server (2Nic's) Server (2Nic's)

Hub or switch Hub or switch

XP Home PC's XP Home PC's

Internet connection sharing enabled on each server and the XP firewall disabled.

On the home PC's is the default gateway set to and ?

AndySD 23:22 02 Mar 03

Too slow...D'oh

Glad its working.

Gaz 25 23:23 02 Mar 03

Its just that if I do leave the computer to obtain this it causes problems with networking, takes ages.

Gaz 25 23:33 02 Mar 03

Please, I need to know?

Gaz 25 23:42 02 Mar 03

ealthed, odd.

Seams to work for now, but I will leave this thread open for if I have any problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…