internet connection sharing (AOL dialup)

ikle_pixie 12:57 14 Jan 03
  ikle_pixie 12:57 14 Jan 03

Can someone help me with this? Does the software have to be installed on both computers? Im using XP..

stlucia 13:48 14 Jan 03

Not quite sure what you're trying to do: If you want to access one AOL account from two different computers, you need a dial-up connection and the appropriate software on each computer.

If all you want to do on one of the computers is read and send e-mail, you can use any account (it doesn't have to be AOL) to access the web, and then go to the AOL UK site (click here) and sign on to your account there.

ikle_pixie 14:05 14 Jan 03

oops...sorry...i typed half of what i was thinking.

They're networked you see. want to share the internet conection!

KrySTaL-KoDE 14:13 14 Jan 03

ikle_pixie,

You need to run ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) on both computers. Go to the computer that directly connects to the computer; go to Start, Control Panel, double-click Network Connections, in Network Tasks on the left side of the screen, click "Set up a home or small office network". Then just follow the instructions given by the Network Setup Wizard, which will appear.

The exact procedure after this may vary, but you shouldn't have any problems. If you do, come back and I will try to help you further.

Have a nice connection sharing experience!

ikle_pixie 14:24 14 Jan 03

ive done this serveral times now and it still dont work..im stuck now...

the client just says cant find server..

ikle_pixie 14:26 14 Jan 03

plus where im supposed to get a choice of connections on the client i dont..

ikle_pixie 14:34 14 Jan 03

argh!!

ikle_pixie 14:44 14 Jan 03

THANK YOU!!!

I know its not me now!!!

Damn...anyone know where i can get an old AOL?

Kevin-314615 15:33 14 Jan 03

Hi

I've not used XP, but ICS on Win ME won't allow dial-on or dial-off on any but the host computer.

Remote Disconnection Untility, freeware from twiga.co.uk will, and is a great repacement for ICS.

ikle_pixie 10:29 15 Jan 03

that twiga address dont exist...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…