Internet Connection Sharing - 98 & XP

Gaz W 23:24 14 Jan 04

I'm compiling some information for someone in order for them to connect a laptop to their Windows 98 PC using Internet Connection Sharing. The 98 desktop would obviously need to be the host. This is 98 SE so there will be no problems.

The Internet connection is broadband (cable modem) and is through a network card.

I found some information on setting up ICS in Windows 98 (host computer) at annoyances.org and it mentions the NetBEUI protocol as well as TCP/IP. Is this necessary or will it work with just TCP/IP?

Here is the exact link: click here. Does anyone know a (better?) variation of this that.

All I really know is that the host computer needs to have its IP address set to 192.168.0.1, but I don't know how the XP client will get its IP address automatically. As you can probably tell, the network is not yet set up, and I have only ever set up ICS using Windows 2000 server and DHCP etc.

Gaz W 23:38 14 Jan 04

Sorry.....forget it. If I'd read on a bit I would have answered my own question.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…