Internet Connection Sharing

Bagpipes 20:14 02 Oct 04

I have two computers, one upstairs and the other down stairs. Both are capable of connecting to the internet individually but i cant get them to do it by sharing. I have XP Pro on both and a 56k dial-up with a wireless LAN (this works for transfering files etc.). I have run the wizard for setting up a home network and internet sharing and so far i can still only get them to connect individually still. Obviously i am doing some thing wrong so can any one help? Perhaps with a step-by-step solution.

Thanks

rambus 21:28 02 Oct 04

can you connect both pc`s to the internet when both pc`s are switched on.
the reason i ask is that i think because you share files ect between the two they both need to be on to connect to internet.
i have four pc`s thru a router connected to internet and any or all can connect to internet at will, but they dont share access between them, all work independently of each other.

Dipso 22:14 02 Oct 04

I know you say you run Xp Pro, this is a link to how to do it on XP, maybe it will help?

woodt 23:52 02 Oct 04

Also, what firewall program do you use? I know that with ZA you have to tell it that the PC is used as a gateway to the internet for other PCs. How do you connect are you on dial-up or BB?

Bagpipes 20:59 03 Oct 04

I have tried turning off ZA still no good
I did state it was dial-up
No link dipso ????
Both computers connect to the internet individually but NOT at the same time, that is what i am trying to do. I want to be able to have my main comp connected to the internet and the other to connect thru it as it should with ICS

Dipso 20:48 04 Oct 04

Doh! sorry about that try click here another click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…