INTERNET CONNECTION SHARING

Bonzy 14:56 26 May 04

Dear friends,
I have a problem with internet connection sharing. I have a small office workgroup network - 6 computers. 1 is running on Win98 and the rest are running on Win XP Prof & home eds. The 1 running Win XP Prof is already on the internet and has been working fine. I want the rest to get onto the internet but through this 1 as the sharing computer. I have managed to configure this sharing computer to share her connection with the others on the network. Now how do I get these others to go online too? especially the Win 98 pc since it is the odd one out? What is the configuration and how do I configure internet explorer and Outlook Express to go through the sharing pc? Thanks friends.

recap 15:11 26 May 04

Is your network setup Peer to Peer?

Do you have a router?

Epocs 15:26 26 May 04

In XP there is a Wizard ehcih can be access through network conenction screen which enables you to set up one PC to be the PC which other computers use to connect to the internet. YOu then need to select which device you use to connect to the internet and the device you use to connect to the other PCs. YOu can then create a floppy disc that you can run on all the other machines, selecting the option for them to access the internet via another computer on the network. This will also work for '98 although will require a re-start.

Stuartli 15:49 26 May 04

The subject is covered comprehensively in Help and Support under Networking and the Web.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…