Internet Connection Sharing

Richard 18:57 12 Apr 04

I have a small network setup using Netgear wireless hub. Two PCs are connected by cable and laptop by wireless. I have an ISDN connection to Tesco.net.

Problem I canot get the internet connection sharing to work. When I "Allow other network user to connect...." in the properties of Tesco.net I first get "User name and password for this connection were not saved for use by all users. As a result...."

Then I get "Error 799: Internet Connection Sharing cannot be enabled due to an IP address conflict on the network. ICS requires the host be configured to use 192.168.0.1."

I do not use fixed IP address as far as I know. I have left all address to be automatic.Anyone any ideas what I have done wrong or is it Tesco somehow?

SANTOS7 19:00 12 Apr 04

click here should give you answer you need, good luck

Richard 21:31 12 Apr 04

Thanks SANTOS7

Tried this and I still dont understand. I tried outting the 198.168.0.1 address into the dial up network setting and got the same error it would appear something else is using this address. I have checked all the dial up networks and LAN settings but I cannot see it.

Can anyone suggest something else?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…