Internet Connection Sharing ???

WiLL-A 20:56 11 Feb 04

Got my 2 PC's up and running 2day after purchasing a cross over network cable. Everything is running smoothly in that both machines can transfer files between each other.

Windows automatically configured both with an IP address and set up an internet connection on PC2. PC1 has the ADSL modem attached. When I check the properties of the Internet connection on PC2, it shows that data is being transmitted and recieved - as I expected.

Th problem that I have is that IE cannot connect to any web page. Outlook Express is the same. Everything appears to be set up and running perfectly but I just cant access anything on the net on PC2.

There are no firewalls enabled on either machine and both are running Windows XP Pro.

Indigo 1 20:59 11 Feb 04

Tried PC Pitstop ? click here

Gemma 22:04 11 Feb 04

Ensure that Internet sharing system (ICS) is enabled and any bridge to any Firewire port you have is disabled. Both browsers set to "never dial" (connections tab of tools/internet options)and "automatic" on the LAN Settings button.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…