Internet connection sharing

Zurdo 20:04 10 Feb 04

I have 2 comps, both running XP and with ethernet cards plus I have a crossover cable. I hope to be on broadband soon and want to share this connection, but do I have to set up a full network with file sharing etc.? To use ICS do I need to do this or can I just connect the cable between the 2 comps and follow the instructions as per the MS site here click here;en-us;Q306126&sd=tech
Everything I read seems to assume the comps are already networked.

Zurdo 20:14 10 Feb 04

Sorry forgot to mention I'll be using BTyahoo and will be getting a usb modem. Also I think the link isn't working . Try this one (fingers crossed)click here;en-us;Q306126&sd=tech

Zurdo 20:19 10 Feb 04

Dammit I'll type the thing :( click here;Q306126&sd=tech

RossThomo 21:39 10 Feb 04

Enable internet conection sharing on the pc that connects to the net, you will find this by right clicking on network places and properties, then right click again on the network connection icon then props again, click advanced tab. Run the network wizard on the remote pc and bingo you will be on the net. If you want the pcs to see each other for file sharing printing or games you will have to enable file sharing. I have found XP superb for multiply internet connections.

VoG II 21:43 10 Feb 04

I think you meant click here

Zurdo 12:27 11 Feb 04

Spot on VoG!!! Thanks for the info Ross.........trouble is I gotta wait till end of March before BT enables our exchange so watch this space!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…