//some 3rd party need geo

Internet connection query

Kelbrook 11:48 15 Nov 03

Should my intenet connection be sending as much information as it is receiving? I have never noticed it doing this until recently. I am running a regular virus checkup (2-3 times each week) and keeping upto windows with the latest security updates(weekly).
I am running windows XP and using Norton internet security. I do regularly use a couple of the P2P connections, could this be affecting the information sent and received? Even whilst I am not connect via the P2P it continues to send roudabout the same amount in each direction. Is there something sending information from my computer I am un-aware of that Norton has not Intecepted?
Yours worriedly.

Gypsy.

Diodorus Siculus 12:18 15 Nov 03

Try a spyware checker such as adaware from click here and SpyBot search and Destroy from click here

There is likely something calling home or the P2P program is sending data.

johnnyrocker 12:28 15 Nov 03

if not got i would suggest d/loading zone alarm that will tell you roughly what is going where, also look at task manager using ctrl alt del and look at processes runnig which will again give you a good idea.

johnny.

Lol36 12:55 15 Nov 03

I wonder if you can answer some questions regarding broadband connections.
1. it states that the broadband is always connected, if I jion up and some giving special offers of modem and connection free but is thr broadband services provider secure enough do they provide in there connection kit with firewall to provent from any hackers or causing other problems,
2. can you switch on/off the connection like you do with the other settings.

johnnyrocker 13:42 15 Nov 03

i would say 1.is your resposibility and 2 yes

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…