Internet Connection problems

arrosutton 12:57 21 Dec 08

When Wanadoo auto connection kicks in after pc has booted up, i am getting error messages 628/691. Think this was related to pc trying to connect wirelessly, (I have orange broadband via speedtouch modem).
have disabled the wireless connection tab on Network Connections but have just had another problem, not related to wirless.
If I restart, it usually connects ok.
Did Network diagnosis and it showed 'Network Adapters - 00393219 WAN Miniport (IP) FAILED
Also - DNS Server Search order - FAILED.
Can any of you good people translate this for me please.
I never used to have problems until recently and cannot think what might have caused it.
I have started to use Superantispyware, CCleaner and Registry Mechanic and use the last two to remove registry problems. help please.

ened 13:04 21 Dec 08

" never used to have problems until recently and cannot think what might have caused it."

First of all the connection from a router has nothing to do with your operating system, in that it will stay connected even if you turn your machine off.

But if this started recently have you tried a System Restore?

arrosutton 13:08 21 Dec 08

Not yet, was wondering about doing system restore actually. Still don't know why this happens though

ened 13:17 21 Dec 08

It is possible one of your registry tools has kicked something out.

See if a restore cures it and move on.

Hopefully it won't happen again.

arrosutton 13:31 21 Dec 08

Thanks matey, will give it a go

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…