Internet and Connection Problems

2Xtreme_lives 17:33 01 Nov 08

I'm having some issues with my wireless connection and my laptops, one laptop which i am using is connected and has no issues whereas my other laptop is connected but does not load any webpages at all, i get timed out messeges, has anyone got any ideas wha tthe problem may be

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:50 01 Nov 08

reset the wireless security and passwords in the offending laptop.

Ashrich 21:07 01 Nov 08

A good first port of call is to reset the TCP/IP stack and Winsock , these can be done from a command prompt .

If using Vista go to start/programs/accessories/command prompt , right click and select " Run as Administrator " for XP simply go to start/run . For both , in the run box type , without quote marks , " CMD " and press enter .

In the resulting command page type in , again without quotes , " netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt " , and press enter , then type in " netsh winsock reset catalog " and press enter again .

It will tell you to reboot , type in " exit " press enter , type " exit " again and press enter , then reboot the system , try accessing the Internet again .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…