Internet connection problems

basodo 10:59 17 Jun 08

For the past month or so, we have had problems with our internet connection. Every 5 minutes or so, we have to repair the connection, even though according to windows, the connection is ok. There is nothing wrong with the router and we have changed the filter. I have contacted sky and they have said that as far as they are concerned, everything appears to be working. I would be so grateful for any help - it's driving me mad!

birdface 11:21 17 Jun 08

When you repair the connection does it come up with a DNS problem.

basodo 12:53 17 Jun 08

Hi - thanks for replying. No - no error messages and as far as windows is concerned, the connection is ok.

jammin 13:01 17 Jun 08

if you haven't tried this simple solution give it a go
unplug your router connection from your pc - leave it
for a minute or so an plug it back in
I've had this problem once or twice and it works for me

basodo 13:16 17 Jun 08

Thanks for the suggestion but we have done that several times - it doesn't solve the problem in the long term. Using the "repair wireless connection" option does work but it's just a nuisance to have to keep doing it every five minutes or so!

basodo 13:17 17 Jun 08

One thing I should have mentioned before is that our laptop is fine - this only happens on the desktop pc.

birdface 13:48 17 Jun 08

Have you tried .Tools.Internet Options.Connections.Lan setting.And tick automatically detect setting.Ok.Apply.Ok

basodo 14:07 17 Jun 08

Thank you - I've now selected automatically detect settings,fingers crossed!

basodo 17:27 17 Jun 08

Thank you so much for your help - after several hours, I am still connected!

basodo 09:24 18 Jun 08

It didn't last long - I'm right back to square one again!

Technotiger 09:28 18 Jun 08

Have you also checked on the desktop that in Tools>Internet Options>Connections 'Never dial a connection' is checked?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos