Internet connection problems

MICKY BOY 12:03 25 Feb 07

Hi All,

Have just up graded my internet connection with Orange. To live Box. What a performance as the installation CD they send does not work with XP very well. After spending a fortune on phone calls to their help line to connect manually. I have the following problems.
When I start Windows it automatically connects to the internet. How can I stop this?
Also when I go to start – programs. I have no connection icon showing on the screen. How can I fix this?
It also shows I am connected at a speed of 100.0 Mbps what does this equate to in Mb’s
I would appreciate any help as if I phone Orange again I might have to take out a bank loan.

Regards

Mick

Ashrich 14:34 25 Feb 07

Your connection speed is to the router only , that is the speed from the Ethernet port . Your PC will be connected to the internet right away because the router is never disconnected , that's just the way it is , why do you want to stop it ? That's the whole idea of an " always on " broadband .If you want to know the speed of your connection in terms of download click here.

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…