internet connection problem

sidmo 12:32 03 Feb 03

after installing XP pro I am able to connect to the internet but unable to download any pages and keep getting cut off. I have checked out microsoft article 281679 and it would appear I have several dll files missing, damaged or improperly registered ( Shdocvw.dll, Msjava.dll,actxprxy.dll, oleaut32.dll, mshtml.dll,browseui.dll and shell32.dll)
I also appear to have some registry values missing (all begining 00020400 and 00020420)Can anyone advise me how to correct these errors, I am unsure how to go about it?

All help much appreciated

JoeC 12:37 03 Feb 03

Put your WinXP CD in the tray, then go Start > Run > and type in ( or copy and paste this bit ) sfc /scannow . Note the space between sfc and /. This will repair any damaged or corrupt files in your system. : }

Lozzy 12:38 03 Feb 03

Carry out the repair function..

sidmo 13:06 03 Feb 03

Have already tried repair function and sfc doesn't seem to be working either. Have just returned to the computer I'm trying to sort out and all my settings had changed (extra large type and 'run' had disappeared, my system restore was turned off and wouldn't turn back on)
Am going to do a reinstall and see what happens after that as I am unable to follow your advice at the moment, Will tick as resolved even though its not and start a new thread if necessary.

thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…