Internet Connection Problem

babybell 19:10 19 Apr 10

Lost internet connection on Thursday, green light on my netgear wireless router turned red and no amount of restarts helped. Today, I used IE to tune into the router and re-enter my username and password from within it and success, the internet light went green. My virgin wireless software shows that I have a strong signal strength, but still says there is no internet connection and when trying to load my homepage, I still get "page cannot be displayed" Norton won't update either. Running windows XP on HP G60

Any help guys? Is winsockfix the answer?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:13 19 Apr 10

Will it connect by cable?

birdface 19:17 19 Apr 10

Switch Norton Off and see if it will connect.

babybell 19:19 19 Apr 10

To be honest I haven't tried that option yet. I've download winsockfix at the parents house so I'll go home and try hard cable and then winsockfix to see how I get on.

babybell 20:03 19 Apr 10

I connected the router via cable and nothing happened. I re-enter my username and password and restarted the router and it connected to the internet. I then removed the cable and it continued to work over the wireless. Not sure what will happen when I turn it off and on again, but its working.........for now!

Thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…