Internet connection problem

Terrygee 22:18 18 May 06

I have a huge problem trying to access Outlook Express through Virgin. Problem originally intermittent, now continual. When I click on the “Connection” link I first get the message “Virgin Net is now connected” followed by “Connecting to”. Then the message “Host could not be found. Error 0x8000CCC0D”or the message “Server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Error number 0x800CCC0F”
If I then disconnect and retry several times I might get the connection, failing which I switch off and restart, sometimes several times. I always manage to obtain the connection if I repeat these steps long enough.
I have referred the problem several times to Virgin helpline, who simply take me through the same old scripts (which they then email to me), and I have had two local “experts” attend to the problem, the latest of whom reformatted the hard drive and re-installed everything without any change whatever, except to my bank overdraft.
I am using Win XP SP2, and have changed the broadband modem without effect
Any suggestions?

skidzy 22:24 18 May 06

click here;en-us;291643
Does this help
Good luck

skidzy 22:25 18 May 06

Sorry dodgey link

skidzy 22:28 18 May 06

Lets see if this link will work click here

wobblymike 22:44 18 May 06

This has to be something pretty basic You should have no probs setting OE to work with Tiscali here'e how

Open OE (i know it won't connect it doesn't matter)
Select Tools, Accounts, Mail, Add, Mail
Enter the name you wish people to see when you e mail them click next
Enter your full e mail address click next
Enter in the Incoming mail box
(thats from memory but I'm pretty sure its right)
Enter in the outgoing mail box
Enter your account name - be careful here as different ISPs do it differently try the bit before the @ sign in your e mail address first
Enter your password
Click Next then Finish
Thats it
Highlight your In box in OE 6 and then hit the send/receive button you should see a message check and then either messages downloaded or a no message indication. If you have an error message go back and amend your user name to your full e mail address and try again. Hope this helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…