internet connection problem

hector710 09:31 10 May 06

i have a laptop and a desktop, which i connect to the internet via a Belkin modem/router. the desktop is physically connected, the laptop is connected via a belkin notebook network card.
all worked well till i went on holiday.
when i returned, i inserted my network card, was told the signal was excellent, but, when i try to connect to the internet, i get "page not available" on every site.
my desktop doesnt seem to be connected at all.
i have rebooted several times, and done a system restore on both computers; still no luck

mgmcc 10:39 10 May 06

Have you tried "Connecting" again to the wireless network? In other words, have you run the wireless adapter's software, scanned for "Available Wireless Networks", found and highlighted the one that matches your router's SSID (network name) and selected the option to "Connect" to it? Once "connected", the wireless adapter should get its IP address by DHCP from the router and you should have network and internet access.

There is a difference between the Wireless Network Adapter and Router communicating with a good signal and "Connecting" (as in "logging in") to your Wireless network.

Danoh 13:42 10 May 06

Presumably you had unplugged all your PCs including the Belkin Router, so it could not have been damaged by a power-surge?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac