Internet connection problem

Logov 14:18 18 May 05

I've been away for a week leaving my 19 yr old able to use our house pc. This has two hard drives both of which were configured correctly for internet use via a cable modem. Not being an expert both drives use the same hardware to connect to the net and yet now one connects perfectly well without any problem but the other doesn't. I've tried all I can think of without resorting to overcharged helplines but nothing works. I've uninstalled and attempted to reinstall the software for my ISP and the drivers for the cable modem but both halt before completing suggesting there is something amiss with the connection. Can this be right, after all the hardware is the same for both drives...isn't it? Basically one drive (this one) can communicate with the cable modem but the other seems unable to. I've asked my son but he obviously claims he only used the 'working' drive...well he would. There were a few viruses and trojans which my AV software got rid of which suggests he's visited a few suspect sites. Could any of these have removed some software essential for connection? Any ideas and/or help is most appreciated.

BH34 14:30 18 May 05

You could try this click here

Logov 14:45 18 May 05

Blimey! That was surprisingly easy. Thanks a lot for that, much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…