Internet Connection Problem

Rickyv 21:21 21 Nov 03

Every time I log onto IE6 or Outlook Express6 and connect I have to go into control/system/hardware/device manager and go down to Network Adapter/ 1394 net adapter, which has has a red X over it. If i right click and click on properties/ enable - I can log-on ok and everyting is fine till i close the connection. When i want to connect again, I have to do it all over again. Also, when the connection is working I have two sets of computers sitting in my task bar Any suggestions - please..

MichelleC 23:31 21 Nov 03

You may have 2 of the same exe. files (happens sometimes). Try uninstalling from device manager, rebooting and see if there's still one there.

madPentium 23:48 21 Nov 03

1394 net adaptor? for internet?
I thought this was a firewire device. Is this what you use to connect to the internet?

Rickyv 12:23 22 Nov 03

No - i use USB broadband modem. I do have a firewire card installed for capturing video.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…