Internet connection password Query

jakimo 13:05 22 May 07

I only have one password,with the Internet connection box displaying the correct a\c name & isp phone number, my encoded password (set to remember) is showing 16 asterisks instead of 12, when changed to 12 it reverts back to 16 the next time I make a connection

A connection can be made using either setting,but can anyone advise on how I can identify and remove the unknown 16 digit password

Totally-braindead 13:18 22 May 07

There might not be a 16 digit password. Many things because of security add in extra asterisks. Its just meant to make it a little bit harder for someone to guess your password thats all.
There isn't a second longer password there is just one, windows does this deliberatly.
Just ignore it.

Jak_1 14:06 22 May 07

Totally-braindead is correct, XP does this deliberatly as a security measure.

yaesu 16:04 22 May 07

Thanks folks, at last someone has answered a query I've had fo ages but never posted. BT (my ISP) didn't have an answer! Everything worked and scans turned up clear so just accepted it. yaesu

jakimo 11:22 24 May 07

Thanks all for clearing up my query,I should have mentioned that I had just upgraded WinMe to XP (better late than never)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…