Internet connection password Query

jakimo 13:05 22 May 07

I only have one password,with the Internet connection box displaying the correct a\c name & isp phone number, my encoded password (set to remember) is showing 16 asterisks instead of 12, when changed to 12 it reverts back to 16 the next time I make a connection

A connection can be made using either setting,but can anyone advise on how I can identify and remove the unknown 16 digit password

Totally-braindead 13:18 22 May 07

There might not be a 16 digit password. Many things because of security add in extra asterisks. Its just meant to make it a little bit harder for someone to guess your password thats all.
There isn't a second longer password there is just one, windows does this deliberatly.
Just ignore it.

Jak_1 14:06 22 May 07

Totally-braindead is correct, XP does this deliberatly as a security measure.

yaesu 16:04 22 May 07

Thanks folks, at last someone has answered a query I've had fo ages but never posted. BT (my ISP) didn't have an answer! Everything worked and scans turned up clear so just accepted it. yaesu

jakimo 11:22 24 May 07

Thanks all for clearing up my query,I should have mentioned that I had just upgraded WinMe to XP (better late than never)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…