Internet Connection in Mandrake Linux

mutoo_1 18:27 03 Feb 05

Need help in setting up an internet connection in mandrake Linux 10.1. OS loaded ok. but did not recognis my connection. Works fine on my windows OS, but linux could not recognise it, or i need some info on how to set up connection. Any help would be great. Simon Easterman ( issue 116 ) makes Linux sound pritty easy to use, so it must be i'm just dumb, nevertheless, could someone help. Have speed touch CD but could not figure out how to get mandrake to recognise package, as it calls it!!!
Can enter root ok, but things get a little fuzzy after that..! Greatfully ME

Dennis Goycoolea 23:35 03 Feb 05

It is pretty easy to use. When I had a Speedtouch modem I had only to set up the Internet connection in Mandrake Control Centre and everything worked. Support for the modem is already in the kernel, you just need to copy over the firmware and setup a connection. :)

This guide (click here) explains everything in more detail, so follow it step-by-step and you should be sorted.

Dennis

nyleridedog 01:16 04 Feb 05

if yer have a cable modem, this may help!

click here

cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…