Internet connection lost

Throbber 22:10 18 Apr 06

Help! I had a wireless home network working just fine, through a main desktop PC, second desktop & a laptop, all running Windows XP Home SP2. D-Link modem router.
I unplugged the phone line from main PC last night, and can't now get my connection back.
When I go into IE explorer I get "unable to find server". In tools > Internet Options > Connections, there is no internet connection appearing. I have tried to setup, but with no success, using New Connection Wizard.
I have also done a couple of system restoresw, with no effect. How can I restore my old settings and get connected?

VoG II 22:20 18 Apr 06
  Throbber 22:34 18 Apr 06

Thanks, VoG, tried this, but no joy.

keverne 22:24 19 Apr 06

If the phone line you unplugged is the data cable from the phone socket to the broadband D-Link modem-router then reconnecting it won't mean that your ADSL connection is re-established. Hence your error messages.

You need to switch off your router and then back on again for it to negotiate and make a new connection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…