INternet connection Issues...

Ronyap 20:29 13 Aug 06

Hiya,

My friend has a computer with Onetel Dial Up connection. The internet works fine, the problem is just that it frequently disconnects itself automatically. Does anyone know about this. The one thing I know is that the cables are plugged in properly.

Thanks

Stuartli 20:34 13 Aug 06

If you go to Tools>Internet Options>highlight your ISP>Settings Button>Connection tab>Advanced button, you should get a menu up.

This can be configured to terminate a connection as required if no activity for a certain time or left on permanently.

It was orginally conceived to prevent dialup connections being inadvertently left on when not in use (or that is what I would suspect).

Also check that in Outlook Express on the Send/Receive panel that "Hang Up after collecting messages" or words to that effect is Disabled i.e unchecked.

Stuartli 20:35 13 Aug 06

Another possibility is that someone has picked up the phone elsewhere and cut off the connection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…