Internet connection icon in task bar

krypt1c 22:05 04 Aug 03

I'm running W2000 Pro and have just set up my internet connection. However, when I connect I don't get the connection icon in the taks bar so I can't close my session. I have to turn my modem of [I'm using an external modem]. Any ideas on how to get the icon back. Thanks in anticipation

VoG II 22:09 04 Aug 03

Control Panel, Network connections, Right click the connection, Properties, Tick "Show icon............."

krypt1c 22:33 04 Aug 03

VoG - Thanks for the tip. However, in Control Panel the Network and Dial-up Connections folder is empty. btw I'm running a standalone PC, and my ISP is Freeserve Hometime. In order to set up my internet connection I just run a provided .exe to create the link.

krypt1c 18:36 05 Aug 03

VoG - Sorted. W2000 is a bag of worms. Needed to start a service to display contents of the Network folder. Then did as you said and all's well. Cheers :-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…