internet connection hacked!

Hi Guys,
Whilst downloading a piece of software, my antivirus warned of a hack attachment and supposedly neutralised it. Immediately afterwards my internet connection was taken over and I cannot access the net via my main pc. I deleted the software download and scanned my pc for any evidence of the hack file, with no success. I removed my adsl modem software and reinstalled but when I try to add a new dial up connection I receive the message:"Cannot load the remote access connection manager service. Error 711. The remote access manager could not start. Additional information is provided in the event log". When I start my pc up the modem connects to the adsl connection, so I assume the hacker has access to my pc. With this in mind I have disconnected the modem and changed all my passwords, but I cannot gain control of the connection. If anyone has any ideas how i can trace the malicious files so I can remove them I would be most grateful.

§ 10:51 23 Nov 04

lobo69 this would do better in the Helproom.

Sorry I've got no answer :(

Jackcoms 10:52 23 Nov 04

You'd have a much better chance of receiving replies to this question if you posted it in the Helproom forum.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…