Internet connection disconnects on downloads / uploads

Vip3rz 09:22 AM 04 Sep 13

Hello dear forum members,

One month ago I bought a new computer with a pre-installed Windows 7 Professional package on it. Now, every time I try to download a file or try to upload a file (big or small files, doesn't matter, FTP or browser, doesn't matter), my connection disconnects for like 20 seconds and then recovers. This is what I already tried:

• Updating all the drivers for my motherboard, cpu, networkcard you name it..
  • Updating the BIOS to the latest versions
  • Plugging in a new PCI network card and using new drivers (disabling the onboard LAN)
  • Settings for my network card to full / half duplex, tried them all
  • Disabling 'save power by turning of this device' settings
  • Resetting the TCP/IP stack

The weird thing is that when I startup my PC in safe mode, the problem doesn't occur! I read on the web about a 'clean boot' (disabling all the services / startup items via msconfig and then reboot) The weird thing is.. on a clean boot with everything disabled the problem still occurs! What could this be? If anyone has any idea this would make my day / weak / year! =)

Mainboard: Gigabyte Z77X-D3H (using onboard LAN) Processor: i5-3570K

With Kind regards, Stan

Vip3rz 09:28 AM 04 Sep 13

I made a list of all the active services in safe mode (where all is working fine without disconnects) and a list of all the active services during a clean boot (where disconnects instantly occur on downloads or uploads)

Clean Boot:

• Network Connections
  • Portable Device Enumerator Service
  • WinHTTP Web proxy Auto-Discovery Service
  • Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service
  • Desktop Window Manager
  • Session Manager
  • Distributed Link Tracking Client Microsoft
  • Antimalware Service Plug and Play
  • PnkBstrA (game service, had the problem without it too)
  • Power Print
  • Spooler
  • Shell Hardware Detection
  • Superfetch
  • System Event Notification Service
  • Themes
  • Windows Firewall
  • Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)
  • Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant

Safe Mode: - Microsoft Antimalware Service - Network Connections - Plug and Play - Power - SAS Core Service (anti spyware) - Windows Firewall

I tried disabling all services 1 by 1 to check what service is causing these problems. Unfortunately it doesn't make any difference!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus One vs OnePlus 2: What's the difference between OPO and OP2? Why it's worth the wait for th2…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED