internet connection disconnects after 5-10min

cherrydee 17:12 31 Jul 13

Hi guys. I have problem with my internet connection. I never had problem with it until last month my internet icon shows an x sign. I'm sure the problem is not with my modem/ISP/switch/cable since my younger brother doesn't have any problem with his laptop. I tried to reinstall my driver but going to asus m2n mx-se support page there is no driver for win7. So i just downloaded the Xp one and installed it on my desktop but it gives me error saying incompatible. So i went to the app's properties and ticked the compatible with winxp sp3. I tried installing again and it was successful, though after restarting i can't see my network adapter from device manager. I tried resetting several times and what happens is, sometimes the network driver is visible in device manager and sometimes not.

OK so, i bought a USB LAN and installed it on my PC thinking my mobo's LAN card is dead. The first day is really fine. I celebrated and played all day long. But the following day after i turned on my PC, i lost my connection after 5min or so. The icon now gives ! mark. Resetting doesn't help. What i have to do is turn off all devices including modem and turn it on after 2hrs or so and i'll get another 5min worth of internet connection. LOL. I am sure DHCP, DNS, TCPIP, and Winhttp services are auto and running. I also set my ipv4 and ipv6 to automatically obtain DNS and IP since my ISP is dynamic.

Please help me. I'm on the edge of my sanity here. Right now i am thinking of 2 things. First, fresh install winxp and hope to get my connection back (my mobo might only support winxp for drivers) but the downside is, if it fails, i will have to waste hours of downloading my programs since i don't have any external to back these up. Also i am a beginner programmer and i have my precious works in my PC that are already set up. Second, wait till sept to buy a new MOBO though i am already using USB LAN and i still get problem and usb port is 100% fine. Downside, need to wait till september to get those money.

my spec: win7 ultimate amd athlon x2 64 2,4ghz 2gb ram ASUS M2N MXSE (very poor mobo QQ) ATI Radeon 4650 1GB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…