Internet connection dialogue at boot up

faintly curious 22:10 25 Feb 03

Can anyone shed any light as to why the Internet connection dialogue box appears asking if I want to connect when the system first boots up on Windows 98 SE? There are no programs in the start up folder.

MAJ 22:13 25 Feb 03

But there might be one in msconfig, trying to connect on startup, faintly curious. Go to Start > Run, type msconfig, click the Startup tab and see what's listed in there.

hamelin 23:04 25 Feb 03

Have you recently installed ZoneAlarm? if so you will find all the help you need by doing a search on this very Helproom.

rev.bem 23:20 25 Feb 03

If you have recently installed ZoneAlarm an update is now available,have just downloaded and installed and it has cured the problem.

faintly curious 18:51 26 Feb 03

I have just installed ZoneAlarm, though after installing it from disc I immediately checked for an updated version and installed this too. I'll look into these suggestions though. Thanks everyone.

faintly curious 23:22 02 Mar 03

It was ZoneAlarm causing the problem, installing the latest update cured it. Cheers everyone!

Gaz 25 23:48 02 Mar 03

Even though there is nothing in startup spyware has a way around it. Download Spybot Search and Destroy from click here

Adaware from click here

Spybot S & D is better though this should put a stop to it.

Gaz 25 23:50 02 Mar 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…