Internet Connection cuts out

cactusjack 17:18 28 Dec 06

This is strange.

This has happened once before. But it happened twice today. I was using the internet and then decided to play some online gaming (World of Warcraft). Part way through, I decided to go on the Internet. I double clicked Internet Explorer and no web pages load up - there is no connection. However, Warcraft is happy to carry on accessing the Internet connection and works fine. I log off Warcraft and try to log in again and it can't connect.
The Internet connection on my laptop works fine though whilst this connection on my PC is down.

I restart the PC, and everything is back to normal. 1 hour later, the problem happens again. I restart the PC, and its fine.

I have just turned off the power management option that lets the network card be shut down to save power. I am hoping that can make a difference. If anyone else has had a similar problem, I would be grateful for advice.

It doesn't seem to be a router problem, but appears to be an issue with the settings on the PC somewhere. Will wait and see...

The router is Netgear DG834G. I am using a network cable to connect rather than the wireless connection.

cactusjack 12:03 29 Dec 06

It did it again this morning :(

Had to restart machine and connection was fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…