internet connection.

lisa1979 16:25 03 Feb 09

hi.
i don't really know much about computers but im using xp service pack 2 and on saturday a window popped up sayng i needed to upgrade to ie7, so i followed the link and installed it! after i had installed it the internet page keept saying that it can not be displayed,so couldnt get on net, could get on msn but not into my mail and so on. so i went back and uninstalled ie7 and went back to last saved settings. but im still having trouble,when trying to get on internet page is takin forever to come up then when i type in what i want to search for numerous windows are opening and they are all just staying blank! i have automatic updates on avg but now telling me update manager as failed and when it allows me to go to avg site like it tells me to do, it still don't solve the problem! updates so far then fails. scanned with spybot which came up ok and also scanned with avg but apart from odd tracking cookie, it says there are no threats fount! can anyone help?

birdface 16:34 03 Feb 09

I would download Malwarebytes make sure you get the free version update and run it.click here

lisa1979 16:38 03 Feb 09

ok thankyou. i'll give it a go now. also got a windows update for service pack 3? do i update for that aswell? sorry im a div when it comes to anything like this lol.

birdface 16:44 03 Feb 09

I would run malwarebytes first.make sure its the freeware version that you download.Once your computer is working ok maybe then try and download SP3

lisa1979 17:02 03 Feb 09

ok thanks. yes downloaded free version. got it scanning now.

birdface 17:57 03 Feb 09

I hope you remembered to update it first.

lisa1979 18:44 03 Feb 09

yes i did update it first. its still scanning and has been for over a hour lol. nothing fount as yet. just took me about half an hour to be able to get back onto here. got blank windows popping up from all over the place!

birdface 19:13 03 Feb 09

Something not right then.You don't have Messenger plus downloaded do you.

lisa1979 19:19 03 Feb 09

yes i do but have done for long time now. mine seems ok but when my daughter seems to open hers computer starts to go really slow now i come to think of it. its still scanning, over 2 hrs now and still nothing fount. do you think that could be something to do with it then? been getting a bubble coming up aswell saying virtual memory is low but this was happening before these probs im having now.

lisa1979 19:24 03 Feb 09

right scan is finished and it has fount 5 infected files. 1, adware.myweb
1, adware.trymedia
3,trojan agents

birdface 19:27 03 Feb 09

Hi lisa.Have you deleted them.Is the computer working any better.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…