Internet connection

Allan RISC OS user 22:30 27 Oct 05

My sister has problem with Windows Me and connecting to the internet.

My sister's machine has been in for repair, and has come back but the internet set-up has been removed and I do not remember how to easily re-enter her user name, password and dial-up number. Even though I have done it many times for myself when I owned the computer.

I know there is a way to do it but I have forgotten. I use XP and the set up does not appear to be the same as for Windows Me.

My sister is a computer novice and I have not been able to help her as she lives 250 miles from me so I cannot go and see the problem which might have helped me to remimber the solution!

Can anyone out there help please.

VoG II 22:33 27 Oct 05

Which ISP?

woodchip 22:50 27 Oct 05

If you Have the Password and Dial-Up number, double click my Computer, Double click on Dial-Up Networking double click make new connection the first box that comes up asks for a name put the ISP name in it the next are for Password and Phone number. You will need to make some adjustments after this so do this and post back after

Stuartli 22:55 27 Oct 05

A pictorial guide can be found at:

click here

and

click here

woodchip 22:59 27 Oct 05

This your second bit that I was telling you about.

[URL=click here][IMG]click here[/IMG][/URL]
After you did the first bit in the other post, right click on the ISP that it's created in Dial-Up Networking and click properties this should bring up the box in the IMAGE make a note was is ticked, as that is all you need ticked if its not networked. If you do not it will take ages for it to connect.

woodchip 23:01 27 Oct 05

First Link in your post is not for Win98 its for XP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…