internet connection?

hector710 16:06 26 May 05

I have a Sony Ericsson mobile and a desktop and laptop computer; I have a cable which connets between the phone and the computers via usb, to upload and download from computer to phone.My question, I am going on holiday, can I take my laptop with me, and use this cable to connect me to the internet, via my mobile phone line; (just as you would with a landline)I realise I might have to start up a new pay as you go account.

Technotiger 16:10 26 May 05

Hi, yes, I believe this is possible - I have a friend in Zanzibar who uses his mobile phone for the Internet and chatting with me in MSN Messenger. He does not have a land-line.

Cheers.

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:11 26 May 05

You can and many mobiles already have nternet connection but ......................

1) It is eye-wateringly expensive.

2) It is painfully slow.

3) I'll put money on you being turned over, robbed, getting a good shoeing or all three. Myself, I would be heading to the nearest Internet cafe.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…