internet connection

dp464 10:51 11 May 04

I am on windows 98, with BT broadband , connecting onto the internet is ok, but when i connect to outlook express to view email, the connection drops out as soon as all messages are displayed. can anyone suggest why. I would like the connection to remain as it is very irritateing having to keep reconnecting

thanks Duncan

Daz35 11:16 11 May 04

Open Outlook and then click on tools, options and connection - you'll probably find you have the hang up after sending and receiving box checked. Uncheck it and that should do the trick.

mammak 11:22 11 May 04

Hi dp464 now i am on dail up so this might not be any good to you but will do no harm having a look
go to in outlook :tools>options>connections>
and check if there is a tick in "hang up after sending and receiving" hope it helps.

mammak 11:23 11 May 04

Lol Daz35' wasent quick enough on that one.

Daz35 12:51 11 May 04

The same thing happens to me quite often, normally when it's a quite involved answer and I spend ages typing info, only to find someone else got there before me!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…