Internet conenction down?

Rikku 19:48 21 Dec 03

hi... i have had to reinstall widows on my machine because i had a problem with intermnet ... however 1day later the problem has started again i have just worked out i can connect to freeserve and some how this site i used my pcadvisor disk to install ie 6 ... but the problems started when i installed it i get the page cannot be displayed or the marvelous .com search engine (or somnething like that) i can also connect to freeserves e-mail

This happened shortly after i installed IE6 i can connect to click here and click here but these are the only two sites google and the rest of the net doesnt work except e-mail i am e-mailing you from the machine now. i used an ie6 install from the pcadvisor disc and it didnt use the internet at all i have tried re installing but there was no luck. i have no way of recovering it without installing windows 2000 which caught the blastwer worm intantly last night when everything started.

hope you can help and i hope it sends

VoG II 20:00 21 Dec 03

To get rid of Blaster:

First Start, Run and type

shutdown -a

and click OK. This will give you more time.

Next, get the MS Patch. Without it you'll be reinfected every time you connect: click here

Then run either Stinger click here or the Norton removal tool click here

Your other problems are likely to be spyware-related - run Ad-aware click here and Spybot click here and, if they don't work, CoolwebShredder click here

Then protect against spyware using click here

Rikku 20:03 21 Dec 03

im running windows me though

Rikku 20:03 21 Dec 03

i have win 2kpro on disk but i didnt wanna use it cause all my progs are for 9x based OS's

VoG II 20:06 21 Dec 03

ME doesn't have the vulnerability that Blaster exploits so, even though you may have Blaster on your machine, nothing much will happen.

Try running the anti-spyware tools to get IE6 working properly again.

Rikku 20:11 21 Dec 03

lol you think it is spyware? i men msn signed in for a split second a mo ago it said you have 6 e-mail messages then signed out instantly and how come i can use this website then? i can understand freeserve with their proxy but not PCA

Rikku 20:12 21 Dec 03

shutdown -a didnt work hmm and my nety is back up im gonner try shuttin down and restarting see if it happens again

VoG II 20:14 21 Dec 03

"i get the page cannot be displayed or the marvelous .com search engine (or somnething like that)"

If you are getting marvellous.com and you haven't "asked" for it something (probably spyware) is redirecting you to that site.

VoG II 20:16 21 Dec 03

W're getting confused here:

Shutdown -a, MS Patch, Stinger and Norton removal tool were suggested because I was under the (wrong) impression that you had Blaster on a Windows 2000 system.

Just run Ad-aware, Spybot and CoolwebShredder.

Rikku 20:17 21 Dec 03

well my conenction has gone agaain i know ive got spy ware removal on a pca disk

Rikku 20:29 21 Dec 03

Nope i still got a prob unless i need to reboot i used spyware search and destroy it found several problems including a hole which allowed websites to execute commands and programs without my knowledge ... apparently the error msg i get on msn is : "we could not connect msn messenger because internet explorer cpould not establis a connection to the interne. please check your borowsers ability to connect, and then try messenger again. 0x81000363"

:( and why did it work for after a while?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…